And some more news!

MINUTES

Aqueduct Bridge

9th December 2014:

7.00 pm

Elephant & Castle, Dawley

ATTENDEES:
Graham Bould (GB), Steve Hollins (SH), Bernie Jones, Sallie Lines, John White,
Malcolm Peel, David Smith, Charlie Tranter, Jane Pinter, John Hancock, Alan Scott,
Frances Bould, Jenny Brooker, Jo Havell, Roy Dexter, Shaun Owen.

APOLIGIES: Peter Walker, Andy Burford.

ITEM

ACTION
1.

General Introduction by GB about a wide coalition to secure resources and continued interpretation/protection of the Aqueduct as an asset within a new defined Town Park southern boundary , touched upon a meeting with Mick Adams Schools Improvement Specialist at T&W to understand how resources could be secured for continued interpretation; also the need to engage the Museum

SH/GB
2.
SH Presented latest Technical report following structural inspection, open to the floor for general questions regarding report.

3.
CT Question regarding any way leaves in place.
SH Explained that there was no evidence of such!

4.
DS Asked why cables could not be held up with timber supports to allow waterproofing to be carried out without diverting cables.

SH Explained that due to the size and nature of the cables Health & Safety regulations would not allow this to be carried out.

5.
Comment: English Heritage currently working with Madeley School, Could contact be made in order to engage with project.
SH To make contact

SH

6.
Could Technical report be emailed out to all parties SH to send GB
SH/GB
7.
Social Media discussion, how can we start up/add to an existing face book page etc to appeal for Old Photographs and raise awareness to project.

SH to enquire if this can be linked to Councils Website, ask for assistance from Councils PR department with reference to a press release about this meeting.

Frances and Jenny offered to help with Social Media and talk to Peter Walker about the possible link to Friends of Aqueduct Bridge Historical Society face book.

DS offered to deliver letters raising awareness of project.

SH

8
Question Raised regarding the timescale of the project.
SH Explained that due to the nature of the different funding streams required to deliver the project. It was envisaged the project would be at least a 2 year scheme.

9
Comment: Enquiries should be made to Natural Architectural Heritage Fund as a possible additional source for funding.

10
SH is in the process of looking to replace Clare Turner who was leading on the project for TWC. It is hoped that the new project lead will be in position for next meeting in February.
Request made for next meeting to start at 7.30, agreed.

Meeting closed.

SH

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s